Spring has sprung in many parts of the world and climates are changing. The time has come. Time to refresh your closets and organize for the season ahead. Clean it out, lighten up, strip the stuff that weighs you down. Spring is time for re-birth. You and your closets.
Here are a few of our tips to get you and your closets ready for the burgeoning season ahead:
- Don’t get weighed down. OK, some of us always want to loose weight. Think about it, when you do lose the weight, the first thing you will want and deserve is new clothes to celebrate. Make room for them now, mentally and physically. Don’t stay attached to old clothes, they had their day. New days are coming! Make room now! Then you are able to actually see where you want to go with yourself!
- Donate. There are several reputable organizations who will be happy to put your yesterday items to excellent use. Check them out in your area. From donation drop boxes to consignment shoppes, local churches, various shelters or other service organizations, there is always a need you can help fill. That sure beats items you no longer use taking up space in your closet and it feels good to help others.
- Move front & center: If the weather has changed and you won’t be wearing that suit jacked or wool coat for the next few months, move it to the least accessible area of your closet. Switch the seasonal items that make sense now to the forefront of the closet. That includes review of shoes, pocketbooks, gloves, scarfs, hats, drawers, sport clothing etc. It’s all about keeping it easy. Let your closet work for you not the other way around.
- Color Code: You will be amazed at how this little tip will help you pick your outfits, and you will also know immediately what you are in need of. This saves lots of time when prepping, dressing and shopping as you will have a visual to help you pull it all together. And while you are at it, what color are you this spring? Pick up a magazine, add a new splash of you to your couture!
- Be social: Group like items together, skirts, blouses, dresses, dress shirts, slack, ties, belts. Simply stated, this is just a huge help.
- Stay Inspired: After color-coding and socializing your clothes, experiment and mix & match outfits! Once you know what you are looking at, let the fun begin!
- Equip yourself: Buy what you need to support your effort. Use all of the same type of hangers, pick up an extra valet rod or two, maybe a new scarf rack. Again, let the closet work for you. Here are some of the easiest and most popular items that give back ten fold once purchased and installed:
Now you are positioned for a great season ahead. Enjoy it, your new closet and an organized new you!
The Art of Fine Spring Cleaning begins with you, and Sidelines!